The Notacon Community
How to get involved
Meet the people who make Notacon happen.
- Cleveland 2600 meeting at the University Circle Arabica.
- Kent 2600 meetings 4th Friday 6pm @ kent State University, Downstairs, Student Center.
- Youngstown LUG 4th Saturday of each month, at 5pm, in the back meetingroom of BW3 in Boardman, Ohio.
Other cons of interest
- Shmoocon - Washington DC
- Penguicon - Livonia, MI
- HOPE - NYC, NY
- Defcon - Las Vegas, NV
- Phreaknic - Nashville, TN
- We run a number of mailing lists to help keep you informed of Notacon events, changes and updates, as well as a discussion list to keep the community going all year round.
- Official Notacon Forums [RSS Feed] host an discussion webboard as well as our room and ride-sharing posting board.
- Notacon Forums on oh2600.com [RSS Feed]
- Hang out in #notacon on the server irc.cwru.edu
- Check out our Livejournal community: notacon [RSS Feed]
- Our orkut community : notacon
Become a part of the Notacon organization.
Interested in donating your time, talents and expertise to the betterment of Notacon? Please sign up on our volunteers mailing list to tell us what you can provide. Notacon is a community-based volunteer effort so everyone's contributions are welcome and appreciated.
Individuals lending equipment of value for use by the organizers for the purposes of supporting the event will be covered by the event's liability insurance and will have their equipment registered prior to the event. All personal possessions not explicitly cataloged by the organizers for use during the event are brought AT YOUR OWN RISK. In no event shall Notacon nor FTS Conventures be held liable for any damages whatsoever to equipment not explicitly agreed to be covered by the event's insurance policy prior to the event.
Let others know about Notacon through banners and fliers.
Want to help promote Notacon in your area? The easiest way is by putting fliers up in the places you visit most. Some examples of places that are usually receptive are given below. We would certainly appreciate the help. Below are some fliers and what-not you can print out and use! All are in Adobe PDF format.
- Notacon flyer (Shmoocon) (4 per page) (35k)
- Notacon Anything But Ethernet flier (Ohio LinuxFest) (4 per page) (27k)
- Back of the Anything But Ethernet flier (Ohio LinuxFest) (4 per page) (25k)
Currently for Notacon 3 we currently only have the quarter page fliers. We hope to have some full page fliers available in the near future.
Place a banner on your homepage. If you would like to contribute a banner email firstname.lastname@example.org
- From Jason Scott
- From John Menerick
If you would like to create a banner, use of our logo and preferred fonts is encouraged.
Notacon Logo Files:
Notacon fonts (the ones we generally use for publications):
- Start Date: October 5, 2005
- End Date: February 1, 2006
Tshirt Design Competition is closed!
Notacon is wholly run and organized through FTS Conventures.
For more information about specific topics:
- Hotel and travel information
- Speaker list and event/contest info
- Volunteer information
- Publicity for fliers and information about promoting.
- Our mailing lists
- Sponsorship Information
- Press information
For general questions, check out our forums, mailing lists, and other ways to get involved in the Notacon Community. We welcome your input and will do our best to respond to any concerns or questions posed.
If you need to fax, us, you can do so by dialing: 616-608-0501
If you want to contact those responsible for this event, contact froggy -at- notacon -dot- org or tyger -at- notacon -dot- org.