- Recycled Rainbow presents: Primer (may 23rd, 24th, 25th)
- Wed, 20 May 2009 02:40:21
- Last call for Notacon 2009 t-shirts!
- Mon, 04 May 2009 19:20:05
- Notacon on Toor: Toorcamp 2009
- Mon, 27 Apr 2009 13:54:06
- Notacon 2009 Tshirt Reprint
- Sat, 25 Apr 2009 03:56:18
- The first notacon media has been posted!
- Sat, 25 Apr 2009 02:58:57
- Notacon is here! Keep yourself up to date with schedule changes and announcements through Twitter!
- Thu, 16 Apr 2009 13:43:21
- Win the Demo Competition, Win the Machine
- Mon, 13 Apr 2009 14:12:48
- Rock Band Competition
- Sat, 11 Apr 2009 19:22:56
Until then, check out the collection of Notacon 6 writeups and photos
Notacon 6 - Explore the depth of your world
Technology is more than electronics, software and engineering. It is a means for creation, discovery and excitement.
Expand your horizons.
Community is no longer tied to a particular place. We build communities to surround ourselves with global networks of friends and collegues.
Creativity drives us to invent, investigate and construct using new areas of understanding.
Create and inspire.
Notacon is a community event driven by submitted presentations. This means that every year of Notacon is much different than the last. See what this year holds on our speaker page.
Pre-registration is now closed. Tickets will be available at the door for $100.
NOTACON, an annual conference held in Cleveland, Ohio, explores and showcases technologies, philosophy and creativity often overlooked at many "hacker cons". Our desire is not to supplant other events, but complement them and strike a balance that has gone unnoticed in our community for far too long.
With each new year we build upon the successes and knowledge of the previous years. Our goal is to enlighten, educate, and entertain attendees, presenters, and staff alike. We do this by finding new ways to apply technology to graphics, art, music, or social interaction.
Notacon espouses an ethos of exploration, participation and positive contributions. Hence, while some of the material we may cover is controversial or potentially "black hat" in nature, we feel it is important to openly discuss all topics so that others can learn from the experience and create something good, fun or interesting from it.
Events during Notacon run from Friday morning through Sunday afternoon. These include over 40 presentations, contests such as "Anything but Ethernet", game shows, prize giveaways and a whole lot of who-knows-what. Anything can happen, and usually does. New in 2009 we will be offering a Thursday night sampler, which will be free of charge and open to the public. More information will be posted as it becomes available.